Recently, a neighbour of mine has purchased LIC Policy to provide financial security to his family. But, he had forgotten to pay the last three due amounts as he had to go out of the station to get some of his vital work done.
In this period, he completely forgot about the payments or due he owes to LIC. When he came, the policy lapsed, and he needed to pay extra charges to start it again. These charges could have been easily avoided if he would have remembered the due dates.
No worries, it is now possible to check LIC Policy Status on time to avoid any late payment charges. Let’s have a look at further information below.
How to Check LIC Policy Status by SMS?
You need to check the status of your policy regularly to avoid missing payments. There is a simple solution for this. You do not even need an internet connection to complete the same. You can check LIC Policy Status by SMS.
You only need to send an SMS from the registered mobile number. The status will come forward to you in the form of SMS.
LICPension <Policy-No>[STAT/ECDUE/ANNPD/PDTHRU/AMOUNT/CHQRET] and Send it To 56677
- STAT (IPP Policy Status)
- ECDUE (Existence Certificate Due)
- ANNPD (Last Annuity Released Date)
- (CHQ/ECS/NEFT) (PDTHRU) (Annuity Payment thru)
- AMOUNT (Annuity Amount)
- CHQRET (Cheque Return Information)
Alternatively, if you want to check the individual status of your LIC policy. Then;
ASKLIC < POLICY NO > [PREMIUM/REVIVAL/BONUS/LOAN/NOM] and Send it To 56677
You can get the following details through SMS:
- Premium – Installment premium under the policy
- Revival – If a policy lapses, the Revival amount payable
- Bonus – Bonus vested amount.
- Loan – Available loan amount.
- NOM – Nominee details.
There is a different method available to check the LIC Policy Status. You can even check it online.
You may also like to read, How to Pay LIC Premium Online via Indian Bank?
How to Check LIC Policy Status Online?
You can quickly check the status of your policies online. You can proceed further with the below-given steps.
- You need to visit the LIC customer portal. You can open this link.
- You now have to complete the registration at the customer portal.
- You are required to enter the following details to complete the registration.
- Policy Number
- Instalment Premium
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar or Pan Number
- Email Id and Mobile number
- Complete the registration and complete the login process.
- After that, you need to enroll your policies. It is important to check every single piece of information related to your LIC premium.
- Enter the required information alongside the user id and password to enrol.
- After that, all the details will get visible on your screen.
- That’s all.
You must be worried about the due payments? No worries, you can now remember every due payment to your LIC policy account by checking out the status.
In this article, we have added two processes to check the LIC policy status. You can proceed further with any of the above-given processes. In case of any queries? Feel free to ask us in the comments section.