Every employee who is a member of Employment Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is provided with an online EPF member passbook. The PF member passbook provides details about the employees monthly PF contribution and their employer contributions. The passbook shows the total amount deposited in the PF account. Now, the question arises if one can check their passbook balance online ? And, the answer is YES. The EPFO has provided the employees with the option to check their Pension Fund balance and view their EPF passbook. With the introduction of UAN, the users can check their Pension Fund balance.
How to check your PF Balance?
One can check their PF balance through the following ways :
- EPFO portal
- UMANG app
- Sending SMS
- Missed Call
How to Check PF Balance through EPFO portal?
- Visit the EPFO official portal using this link : https://www.epfindia.gov.in/
- On the home page, go to “Our Services” on the top right corner
- The user should click on “For employees” from the services tab
- A new page will open. Under the services column, click on “Member passbook”
- A new login page will open on your screen.
- On the new login page, enter your UAN password and fill the captcha code
- After filling out the required columns, click on “login”. The UAN number is also known as EPF balance check
- The next page will show all the Member ID related to your UAN number. Select your current Member ID and your EPF passbook.
- The EPF member passbook will be displayed on your screen.
How to Check PF Balance via UMANG App?
- Install the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) app on your phone. You can download it from here.
- Click on the EPFO option from the home screen of the app
- Select “Employee Centric Services” from the EPFO page
- Select the “View Passbook” option from the next screen
- In order to login, enter your UAN number and select the “Get OTP” option
- An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP to login
- Choose your member ID in order to view your PF balance
- The EPF member passbook will be displayed on your screen
How to view your PF balance by Sending a SMS?
The employee can also check their PF Member Passbook balance by sending an SMS to 7738299899. They can check their EPF balance and total contribution only if they have activated their UAN and linked it to their bank account. The SMS must be sent in the ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’ format. The last three letters are the preferred language in which the employee would like to receive their PF balance. Here, Instead of UAN you have to give your UAN number. Eg : EPFOHO 123456 ENG. The SMS is also available in 10 other languages including Hindi, Malayalam, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kanada, Marathi and Punjabi.
How to check your PF Balance through Missed call?
The employees can also check their PF passbook balance by just giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from their registered mobile number. But, the missed call method would only work if the member possesses an active UAN number, the mobile number is registered with the particular UAN and it is linked to your Bank account, Aadhar card and PAN card.
FAQ: PF passbook balance
Can the employees check their PF balance of a previous organisation?
Yes, any member with an active UAN and the passbook connected to the same UAN number and a bank account, can check their previous organisation PF balance by clicking on the Member ID
Is the PF number needed to check their Pension Fund balance?
The members only need an active UAN number in order to check their PF balance and the PF number is not really required.
Is it necessary to link the mobile number with the UAN?
Yes, in order to check your balance using the SMS Service and the missed call, One has to link their mobile number with UAN. Anyways, the user needs to link their mobile number with the UAN in order to get OTP for confirmation everytime.
I hope you have liked reading our article on how to check your PF balance online. Please let us know under comments if you have any more questions.