If you have your PAN number, you can now download your e-PAN card in quick steps. Before I explain the same, let us learn a little about PAN number and PAN card.
PAN (Permanent Account Number) is a unique 10 digit alphanumeric identification number given to each individual and non-individual taxpayer in the country. All the tax-related information of a user is stored here facilitating hudde-free tax payment. The PAN number is only given to Indian citizens. PAN card is issued by the income department under the and is a computer-based system that assigns a special and different identification number for every Indian. e-PAN card is the online version of a PAN card.
Downloading the e-pan card online is a simple and easy method. The card can be downloaded from the official Income Tax Department e-filing website, from the NSDL-TIN websites or UTI-ITSL websites. The e-PAN contains all the details of the PAN card which can be stored on your phone or your computer.
Let us have a look at how you can download a new e-PAN using your PAN number.
How to download the e-PAN card from NSDL?
Follow the given steps in order to download your e-PAn via National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) :
- Visit the official website of the NSDL. You can do it using this link : https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html.
- The link guides you to the NSDL website where you can download the e-PAN.
- The website will require you to enter the 15 digit acknowledgement number and the captcha code. Click on “submit” after entering the details.
- After clicking on “submit”, a new page will open. On this new webpage, your email address and mobile number is displayed. Check for any corrections and verify them if they are correct.
- The website will ask you to select a mode for verification. Select the mod of OTP and click on “Generate OTP”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number or your email id as per your instructions.
- Enter the OTP in the given field and click on “Validate”
- A new page will open up, click on “Download PDF” from that page.
- The download PDF is password protected and the password is your Date of Birth
- Enter your Date of Birth in order to open the PDF
How to download e-PAN card on UTIITSL?
Follow the given steps in order to download the e-PAN card via UTIITSL
- Visit the official website of UTIITSL. You can do so by clicking on this link : https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/ePANCard.
- On the next webpage, enter the details such as your PAN card number, GSTIN number, Date of Birth and all the other required details.
- After filling the required details, enter the captcha code and click “submit”
- On the next page, your email address and your mobile number is displayed. Verify them if they are correct and proceed further
- For verification, select the OTP mode and select it to proceed. Also accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on “Get OTP”
- On the next webpage, enter the OTP and make the payment.
- After the completion of payment, one can easily access their e-PAN and download it.
How to download an e-PAN card using a PAN card number?
- Visit the NSDL or UTIITSL official portal. The links are provided above
- From the portal, find the option of “Download e-PAN” and click on it
- Enter your PAN number, Date of Birth, Aadhar card and GSTN (If applicable)
- Provide the captcha code and click on submit
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP and click on “Start” to begin with the validation process
- Once the validation process is completed, a new page will open.
- Click on “Download” option to download the PDF
The PDF is password protected and the password is generally your Date of Birth .
Now that you know how to download your e-PAN card with your PAN number, I hope you would not face any issue downloading your new ePAN card. If you have any question regarding e-PAN card downloading, please leave your questions in the comment section.