A lot of Indians are looking to ways to login to the EPFO member portal, sometimes, to check the sum of PF amount saved, and sometimes to see if PF has been paid by the employer? In today’s article, we will find out ways to login to the official EPFO portal using your UAN number.
The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) launched in 1952, is a statutory government body that provides a compulsory provident fund scheme and an insurance scheme for employees. All the operations of this organisation are handled by The Ministry of Labour and Employment. A 12 digit number called Universal Account Number (UAN) is allotted to every employee and employer contributing towards the EPF scheme.
Now that you know about EPFO, let us look at how you can log in to EPFO member portal.
Steps to Login to EPFO Member Portal
In order to login to EPFO, the users must first activate their UAN number.
How to activate UAN?
- Click on the following link : https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- You’ll be redirected to the UAN member portal
- Click on your “Activate your UAN login” option
- You’ll be led to an UAN activation portal
- Fill the form with accurate details (Provide your UAN number, member ID and mobile number)
- Enter the OTP sent on your number and complete the registration process
How to login to EPFO portal using UAN?
The process to log in the EPFO portal using UAN login by employer as well as employee is given below :
EPFO portal for Employees
- Employees must go to the EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organisation) website : https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php
- On the homepage of the EPFO website, the employees have to click on “services” from the top right side of the screen
- From the “services” section, the employees must choose “For employees”
- After clicking on “For employees”, a new page will open. On the respective page, the employee must click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’. You can find this option under Services.
- After clicking on “Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)”, the employee will be led to a new page. On this page, the employee has to enter their UAN number and password. After filling the respective fields, the employee must enter the given captcha details to continue.
- Click on “Sign in” and you can access your account
- After clicking on “sign in”, a next page will open. The next page will lead the employee to their EPFO portal.
The employee is logged in his EPFO member portal.
EPFO Portal for Employer
- The employer is required to visit the EPFO login page : https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/
- On the home page, the employer must enter their username and the respective password.
- After entering your name and password, click on “Sign in”
- The “sign in” option will lead you to your account. You can access your account from there.
- The account of the employer is his EPFO portal where he can approve the KYC details of the employees.
Frequently asked questions about EPFO portal
1. What contribution does the Employer and Employee make?
The employer and employee both contribute part of their salaries towards EPF. the employers contribute 8.33% of their salary towards their pension while the employees contribute 12% of their salary towards EPF
2. What services are offered by the EPFO Portal?
EPFO offers various services like online withdrawal of PF, online payments of PF amount, transfer of PF, check the balance of your PF, download your PF passbook, UAN login, UAN passbook, etc.
3. What are the benefits of having a UAN?
With a UAN number, the user can update their KYC details or download the online passbook. One can also activate their UAN card as well with the benefit of UAN.
4. Is it necessary to register on the member portal in order to file a transfer claim ?
Yes, any member who wants to file a transfer claim should be registered with the Employment Provident Fund Organisation portal.
5. Can a member pay an excess of the required 12%?
YES, anyone who wishes to pay an extra amount of their salary towards their Pension Fund (PF) can easily do it. The maximum amount is Rs. 15000.
Let us know in the comments if you are still not able to login to the EPFO portal and need assistance.