A Registration Certificate (RC) is a proof that your vehicle is registered with the Regional Transport Office (RTO) authorities. According to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, It is essential by law to carry your RC while you’re driving. Without an RC, one might end up in jail or be fined heavily. Registration certificate thereby is an official and important document that every vehicle owner must have. The main aim of a vehicle registration certificate is to link the owner with his vehicle.
How to apply for RC online
To apply for your Registration Certificate (RC) online:
- Visit the Parivahan Sewa official website
- Click on registration on the left hand side of the portal
- Enter the necessary details.
- Fill the KYC information
- Provide your vehicle number
After filling out the important details, your RC will be activated for verification. You can check the status of your application via the website.
Information on your RC
- Name and address of the owner
- Vehicle number
- Maker’s class and vehicle class
- Vehicle manufacturing date
- The fuel that will be used by the vehicle
- Colour of the vehicle
- Chassis number and engine number
- Type of vehicle body
- Cubic capacity
- Seating capacity of the vehicle
- Unladen weight
- Date of registration and expiry date of the registration certificate
- Signature of the owner of the vehicle
How to know your current RC status?
Checking your RC status online is now made easy. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has made it very easy to check the RC status with the Parivahan Sewa e-portal. In that the is especially made for vehicle registration. It is basically a public ledger that contains the information of all the vehicle registration in India. The online service helps you to register for the vehicle, track your RC status and get your vehicle registered easily.
- Visit the Vahan e-service website.
- Log in with your registered phone number.
- Browse the VAHAN jankari application.
- Click on the ‘Registration Jankari’ section.
- You’ll be asked to enter your vehicle number. Enter the same
On entering your vehicle number your registration certificate status will be live on your screen. The vehicle RC owner’s details will also be available on the same site.
Get SMS updates about your RC application status
Instead of doing the tedious process of visiting the website, and logging into various e-portals , you can easily avail your RC status via SMS on your phone. Follow the given steps to get updated on your phone :
- Type VAHAN < space > Vehicle Registration Number
- Send the SMS to 7738299899
After a few days, your RC status will be directly messaged to your phone via SMS without any charges.
When to check your RC status?
In the following cases you need to check your RC status :
- Registration of the vehicle when bought , compulsory under the Motor Vehicle Act.
- Transfer of ownership of the vehicle Or sale of the vehicle
- After expiration (15 years after registration), during the time of RC renewal.
Registration Certificate: A Must for All Vehicle Owners
The registration certificate is an important document and must be held by all vehicle owners. The registration is important and users often get curious to know the status of their RC. In order to feed the customers needs, the Government of India has made this easier by creating the online portal.
The Parivahan Sewa ensures that the users can easily track and know the status of their Registration Certificate.