Aadhaar card is a mandatory card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is a 12 digit unique number which provides a proof of residence. It was launched in January,2009 and soon became an essential part of everyone’s life. It is necessary to own an Aadhaar card now. The Aadhar card is to be linked with your phone number which can benefit you in numerous ways. One of those benefits can be availed by linking your Aadhaar card to your bank account.
How to link your Aadhar card to your Bank account ?
Indian Bank is a Banking company authorised by The Indian Government. It was established in 1907 with an aim to provide quality banking services to its customers. After its merger with Allahabad Bank, Indian Bank became the seventh largest bank in India. The banking services can be used only by registered customers. Linking Your Aadhaar to your bank not only helps as a proof of residence but also helps you in getting various benefits.
One can link mobile number to Aadhar card in Indian Bank in the following ways:
How to link Aadhaar with Indian Bank account offline?
- VISIT YOUR NEAREST INDIAN BANK BRANCH.
- HAVE A COPY OF YOUR AADHAR CARD.
- ENQUIRE ABOUT THE AADHAR LINK OPTIONS.
- FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM TO LINK THE AADHAR CARD WITH THE BANK ACCOUNT.
- ATTACH THE PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR AADHAR CARD WITH THE APPLICATION
- SUBMIT THE FORM AT THE RESPECTIVE COUNTER.
- PROVIDE YOUR ORIGINAL AADHAAR CARD FOR VERIFICATION.
- YOU’LL BE GIVEN A RECEIPT TO CHECK THE STATUS OF AADHAR LINKING.
You can check your Aadhaar status online, after the verification process your Aadhaar card will be successfully linked to your bank account.
How to link Aadhaar with Indian Bank account online?
- VISIT THE OFFICIAL SITE OF INDIAN BANK.
- FILL YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER AND REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER.
- SELECT THE “AADHAAR AUTHENTICATION” SERVICE.
- ENTER YOUR REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER (ALSO LINKED WITH YOUR AADHAAR CARD).
- ENTER YOUR AADHAAR DETAILS (YOUR AADHAR NUMBER, MOBILE NUMBER)
- AFTER FILLING THE IMPORTANT DETAILS, YOU’LL RECEIVE AN OTP ON YOUR REGISTERED NUMBER.
- ENTER THE OTP WHEN ASKED.
A message about the aadhaar link will follow and the verification process will start.
How to link Aadhaar with Indian Bank account through SMS?
- COMPOSE A MESSAGE AS <Aadhaar Number><space><Account number>
- SEND THE SMS TO 9289592895.
- (THE MESSAGE SHOULD BE SENT FROM THE REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER)
You’ll receive a confirmation message about the same.
How to link Aadhaar with Indian Bank account using ATM?
- VISIT ANY ATM OF YOUR CHOICE.
- CARRY YOUR INDIAN BANK CARD WITH YOU.
- SWIPE YOUR CARD, ENTER YOUR PIN.
- SELECT THE ‘SERVICES’ OPTION
- SELECT ‘REQUESTS’
- CLICK ON ‘AADHAAR SEEDING’
- ENTER YOUR AADHAAR NUMBER.
- CLICK ON SUBMIT.
Your Aadhar card will be linked to your bank account via your ATM.
Benefits of linking your card to your bank
Indian Bank is a government based bank. You can avail many benefits by getting your Aadhaar card linked to your bank account. Some of them are :
- Receive credits from the government like subsidies, pension, scholarship, MNREGA wages, etc.
- Receive Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), of you gas subsidy by the government directly into your bank account.
- You can benefit from UPI payments linked to Aadhaar cards
- Farmers can receive direct credit from the government only by linking their Aadhaar cards to the bank account.
- Linking Aadhaar will prevent you from any fraud activities with your bank account.
It is not only essential but also mandatory for some banks to link your Aadhaar card with the bank. It acts as a proof of residence and gives you your own unique National indentity. Have you linked yours yet ? If not, hurry up. Contact us for another further queries.