Established in 1943, OBC is a banking company under the government of India. It’s headquarters are in Haryana. The bank was recently amalgamated with Punjab National Bank (PNB), resulting in being a part of the country’s second largest bank. OBC focuses on welfare of people and launches schemes to achieve the same. The Bank is known to provide a huge variety of services including giving loads, deposit facilities, ATM, internet banking, premium payment and even tax payment.
The nation is built by its citizens. And a responsible citizen pays taxes duly. Tax payment plays an important role in developing the economy. It is the major source of funds for the government in order to run the country. With the ongoing pandemic and the time consuming offline process of tax payment, it becomes hard for citizens to fulfill their legal responsibility. But, as we all are aware of, Tax evasion is punishable by law. But, The Income Tax Department has made the rocky road smoother for the citizens by introducing the e-payment of taxes.
How to pay online taxes from your OBC Account?
The taxes can be paid either from the Income tax department official site or the OBC bill desk.
Income Tax Department
- Visit the ‘Tax Information Network’ online.
- Click on e-payment : Pay taxes online.
- Click on “Proceed” under ‘Challan No./ITNS 280’
- Select (0021) Income Tax (other than companies) from the next tab
- Select your mode of payment (Net Banking)
- Enter your details and fill the captcha code
- Verify and confirm your details
- Click on Submit
- This will lead you to your OBC Bank website
- Click on ‘Internet Banking’
- Confirm payment
A receipt will be given to you about the same.
Pay through OBC website
- Visit the Bill desk of OBC.
- From the categories section, select ‘Tax’
- You’ll be redirected to ‘Tax payment service’
- Various URL link leading to different tax payment authorities are provided
- Select your URL link according to your convenience
- The following will open the website of the tax department
- Select online payment
- Click on ‘Tax Payment’
- Documents required for online payment of Tax
- You need to attest certain documents to pay for your online taxes. They are :
- Form 16
- Form 16A, 16B, and 16C
- Form 26AS
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Tax saving proof
- Salary and Bank statement
- Interest certificate’ by bank or PO
- Mutual funds
- Deduction under section 80D to section 80U
- Home loan statement from Bank
- Tax deductible and collection Account number
Eligibility for online tax payment
- The citizen must be an Indian citizen
- The minimum annual income required to pay taxes is ₹2.5 lakhs or more.
- Indians with property or financial interests in entity
- Anyone who owns a firm under section 44AB
- Any company
- A person should own a PAN card and a TAN
Benefits of online tax payment from OBC
Instant payment : OBC offers to provide the online tax payment option for all its customers. The taxes can be paid instantly within seconds without any restrictions or complications.
Anytime, Anywhere : You can pay your taxes 24*7 from your OBC Bank account anytime and anywhere.
Transactions are duly stored
E-challan is directly sent to Income Tax Department
Check your payment whenever you want.