Parivahan Sewa means transportation facility. It is provided by The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH). This ministry promotes and eases road transportation. It aims at making the RTOs (Road Transport Offices) digital. The ministry charged the National Informatics Centre (NIC) for deploying the two digital softwares:
VAHAN: This software is employed to ensure vehicle registration.
SARATHI: This software is installed to facilitate the purpose of getting driver licenses.
Objectives of Parivahan Sewa
- Computerise the issue of driving license and vehicle registration. In the digitally growing world, automation of vehicles is as necessary as digitalization of the country. The entire information about vehicle registration and driving license is stored in an online system.
- Betterment of road services, transport department and citizens safety. The Parivahan Sewa is basically aimed at ensuring the transportation services and the users satisfaction.
- Parivahan Sewa ensures implementation of government policies regarding transport services regularly and efficiently. This is a government initiative and hence aims at abiding with the rules and regulations of the government.
- This scheme supplements the public image of the government. The transport facilities are digitalized and this gives consumers the satisfaction of availing facilities at their fingertips which in turn enhances the public image of the government.
- The data stored in online systems about the vehicle registration and driving licenses are easily accessible and also cannot be misplaced or manipulated.
- The Parivahan Sewa ensures reliability of citizens because more than lakhs of people have registered and issued their driving licences using this sewa from the government.
- The data is transparent and can be easily accessed. The registration and working of the transport ministry is no more a secret. It is disclosed to everyone for their convenience.
- This Sewa minimizes paperwork by providing online facilities in which all the important registration and documentation can be done through the official website.
- This initiative not only saves time and energy but also helps in avoiding long queues, crowded transport offices and the chaos around the register bureaus.
- This is a step towards progressive India. The online services not only helps people but also encourages more population to get their license or registration digitally.
Services offered by The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Vehicle related services : Vehicle registration, tax payment, transfer of ownership of the vehicle, fitness renewal, mobile updates, RC surrender, RC particulars, alterations of vehicles, renewal of registration, etc. Are some vehicle related services offered by The MoRTH.
- Driving license related services : Services like apply for learner’s license, apply for driving license, apply for driving license renewal, change of address, application for International Driving Permit (IDP), update mobile number, check application status, payment status, etc.
Other services like Checkpost, Fancy Number Booking, NR services, Homologation, National Permit Authorization, AITP Authorization, CNG maker,etc. Are also provided.
How to register on Parivahan Sewa online
- Visit the Parivahan Sewa website
- Click on the registration option on the left side of the screen .
- Enter the state you’re residing in.
- Fill out the necessary KYC details.
- Select the service you want to avail.
Digitalization of 1300+ ROTs is done by now. In the digital world, Parivahan Sewa has made your transport services more updated and better. The vision is to provide better and quality services for transportation with citizen safety and satisfaction.
Let us know in comments if you need any more information on how to register on Parivahan Sewa online.