Regional Transport Office (RTO) is a government body established to generate and maintain records of vehicles and driver’s. It issues driver’s licenses, regulates the rules and laws of Motor Vehicles Act, and collects road taxes. It enforces laws made by the government to ensure smooth transportation services. The RTO is a part of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Benefits of RTO
- Vehicle registration
- Maintaining the record for all registered vehicles.
- Collection of road tax, chalan, excise duty,etc
- Issue and renew driving licences to verified users.
- Conducting driving tests before issuing driving license
- Issue fitness certificates to vehicles
- Issue of pollution tests clearance certificates
- Re-registration of vehicles
- Giving identify and providing badges to auto-rickshaw drivers
- Issue of international driving license
RTO maintains the database of every registered vehicle. It is a transparent ledger that contains all the information about a vehicle. The entire history and Information about any vehicle is now available at your fingertips. All you have to do is enter your vehicle number at the official portal of RTO Vehicle Information. The following information can be gained after entering the vehicle number :
- Vehicle owners name
- The vehicle name
- Registration date for the vehicle
- The Registration number of the vehicle
- The authority in which the vehicle was registered
- The time period since the vehicle was made
- The class of the vehicle
- The engine number of the vehicle
- The chassis number of the vehicle
The other personal information can be obtained on special requests. They are kept private for the security of the vehicle owner.The vehicle registration is essential and also mandatory by law. Every vehicle should be registered under RTO or Parivahan Sewa. The Registration of vehicles are made easier by the online services offered by the government bodies. Since the vehicles are registered online, all the data is also stored online. This digital storage of vehicle information is not only essential but also helps easy access for the same.
How to check your vehicle registration online?
Registering your vehicle is a mandatory law by the The Motor Vehicles Act. After registration, the need to maintain documents has become obsolete since everything is available online. You can check your vehicle registration information online by the follow steps:V
1. Visit the VAHAN e-service portal.
2. Log in the VAHAN jankari application
3. From there, select ‘Registration Jankari’
4. Enter your vehicle number
The information about your vehicle information will appear on your screen.
How to check your vehicle registration details via SMS?
The digitalised world has made things easier and faster for us. The curiosity to know your vehicle registration can now be solved by receiving SMS about the same :
- Type VAHAN < space > Vehicle Registration Number
- Send the SMS to 7738299899
You’re only 2 steps away from having the information you need in your phone without any struggle.
How to find vehicle owner’s Information by registration number?
To know the owner of a vehicle always comes handy in cases of accidents, damages, rash driving or a lost vehicle. One can avail the information about the owner now by the following steps :
- Visit the official site of VAHAN
- From the menu bar, select know your vehicle details
- Enter the registration number on the following site
That’s all you have to do to know who owns a particular vehicle. You can see the vehicle owner’s name and the details of the vehicle. Personal information of the owner is protected.